Great Falls ES has been chosen to perform a number of songs at the Sakura Matsuri-Japanese Street Festival on the Sakura Stage on Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 12:45pm-1:15pm. Interested students are asked to sign up HERE as soon as possible.
- Festival Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Festival Place: The Yards/Capitol Riverfront, on the Corner of M St. SE and New Jersey Ave. SE (Metro: Navy Yard-Ballpark Green line
- Performance Time: 12:45pm-1:15pm
- Tickets: Performing students will get free entry. Children 12 & under are free; Adults are $10 (To pre-purchase tickets online, Click HERE)
- Check in with a teacher or JCC volunteer at 12:00pm by the Sakura Stage
- Happi Coats will be handed out to each performing student at the Sakura Stage
Sakura Matsuri is a great opportunity to enjoy the tastes, sounds and feel of Japan. It is the largest one-day celebration of Japanese culture in the Washington DC area, with 4 performance stages and demonstrations, cultural exhibitors, food vendors, cooking demonstrations, a Children’s Corner. We encourage everyone to attend.
For more information, ask your JIP teacher or email the JCC at firstname.lastname@example.org